The Mousehole Curriculum in detail
The overviews below outline the subject matter to be taught in each phase (two year groups). Below these overviews you will find detailed curriculum progressions which give much greater detail about specific knowledge and skills to be taught in each subject at each phase. These are organised under broader subject headings for ease of reference.
Teachers will use more detailed planning to ensure that content is built on through sequences of lessons. The cumulative effect being that by the end of a sequence of lessons, children will learn the content of the curriculum progression being taught.
Please note: Where there are no curriculum progressions for a particular subject this is because the detail is already contained in the overview e.g. woodland or harbour skills. You can also find more detail about our Skills Progression on the overview page (use the menu on the left).
For information about how our curriculum delivery complies with our duties under the equality act 2010 and Special Educational Needs and Disability Regulations 2014 please refer to the following documents available from our policies page:
- Accessibility Plan
- SEND report
- Mousehole SEN policy
- Curriculum Policy
- Prevent Duty Statement
See our reading page for more information on the teaching of reading.
Please visit our helping at home pages for handy tips and downloads for improving your child's reading and writing skills.
- English - National Curriculum Programmes of Study.pdf
- Reading Intent Implementation Impact 19.pdf
- Writing Intent Implementation and Impact 19.pdf
Science and Technology - Curriculum Progressions
- Science Yr 1:2 Curriculum Progression.pdf
- Science Yr 5:6 Curriculum Progression.pdf
- Science Yr 3:4 Curriculum Progression.pdf
- Computing (Kapow) Curriculum Progression - all year group.pdf
Creativity - Curriculum Progressions
Please visit our helping at home page for some handy tips and downloads to help your children learn maths
- Mathematics - National Curriculum Programmes of Study.pdf
- Maths Intent Implementation Impact 19.pdf
- Mousehole School Calculation Policy.pdf
Humanities - Curriculum Progressions
- Geography Yr 1:2 Curriculum Progression.pdf
- Geography Yr 3:4 Curriculum Progression.pdf
- Geography Yr 5:6 Curriculum Progression.pdf
- History curriculum progression - includes all year groups.pdf
- Languages Curriculum Progression.pdf
- RE rolling program Oct 21.pdf
Health and Wellbeing - Curriculum Progressions