We are passionate about the positive impact that healthy lifestyles can have on young lives. We pursue this passion by using every opportunity to promote healthy eating, healthy lifestyles and participation in a variety of sport and healthy activities.
The Sport and PE funding grant is given to schools to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE, sport and promotion of healthy lifestyles.
The funding is used to develop or add to the curriculum and wider school offer PE and sport activities that the school already offers and to make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
The key indicators are:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport